Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Grandmasters

Not sure what sparked it and too afraid to ask in case the interest wanes, but Lincoln is suddenly into chess. I'm guessing he saw something on YouTube. Anyway, his sister has obliged him with a game the last couple evenings. I'm told the score is 1-1 and that Lincoln won with an opening gambit called "King's Indian" in game two.

3 comments:

  1. King's Indian is not a gambit but it is a solid opening. Does Lincoln have chess.com or chess24?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a gambit, Comrade Gilmore? And how does it differ from an "opening?" He doesn't yet. I told him you and I played last night and that he should open an account. Will let you know if he does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gambit is when you sacrifice a piece (or offer a piece for sacrifice) in order to gain a positional advantage. Hope that helps Comrade Rob.

    ReplyDelete