Our enterprising daughter, perhaps suffering from the lack of in-person schooling, took a recent AP World History assignment very seriously. Her teacher asked them to pick a figure from the global enlightenment period and participate in a "speed-dating" exercise. So she was to apply her historical knowledge to the crafting of pick-up lines that might work in the 18th century.Well.
Not only did she write some outstanding lines, she also engaged in a little cos-play, marching off to school on Wednesday as His Excellency George Washington, the First of his Name, Mount Vernon's Own!
A sample of the lines she used to pick up other revolution-minded souls:
"Most people call me 'His Excellency,' but you can call me any time!"
"I'm glad I support freedom of religion, because I worship you!'
"Are you the Whiskey Rebellion? Because I'd like to get involved with you!"
I'm willing to bet she gets an A.

To clarify: the prop/costume were required parts of the project and I only wore the pants and shirt at school. Also the main part of the project was the 12 part research assignment. ;)
ReplyDeleteHow well did the pickup lines work?
ReplyDeleteWe didn’t actually have to use them for the in class discussion. My teacher just likes to always assign something creative to accompany the research whenever we do projects.
ReplyDeleteGreta, I know you wrote that to ease your Dad’s mind. 😀
ReplyDelete