We attended the District Art Reception recently to view Greta's Blind Contour Self Portraits (in sharpie and watercolor). It's always nice to see a glimpse of "the Jerry gene" in his multi-talented grandkids!
Very nice! I find it interesting all the choices that need to be made in a piece such as this - coloring, shading, overlapping, size, etc. Maybe Greta could share some thoughts on her artistic choices?
We were given a list of techniques that we had to demonstrate within the project; blended wash, flat wash, gradient wash, etc. The rest was just me trying to stay true to my split complementary color scheme I chose, as well as create a piece that demonstrated "movement"
Thanks for your interest, Greta (It's not letting me change the account again)
Very nice! I find it interesting all the choices that need to be made in a piece such as this - coloring, shading, overlapping, size, etc. Maybe Greta could share some thoughts on her artistic choices?
ReplyDeleteWe were given a list of techniques that we had to demonstrate within the project; blended wash, flat wash, gradient wash, etc. The rest was just me trying to stay true to my split complementary color scheme I chose, as well as create a piece that demonstrated "movement"
ReplyDeleteThanks for your interest,
Greta (It's not letting me change the account again)