Sunday, January 19, 2020

Morning thoughts about the birthday boy...

Happiest of Birthdays to ROB!

 I usually reserve my birthday posts for the kids' celebrations, but I think reflections for the one, the only, the author of this blog, are appropriate.  While the words below barely scratch the surface, hopefully you will see how much you are loved in the words that follow.

Rob, you make us laugh every single day.  Your quick wit and dry humor ensure our home is a happy one.  We are so thankful to have you as a husband and father.  While sometimes you make us wince (yes, your bad dad jokes are a forte!), we can't imagine not hearing them.

The last year has been a doozy, as both you and I really realized that middle age is, in fact, our reality.  Yet you've handled it with a welcome laissez faire attitude, which seems essential to pushing through this decade.  I am so grateful to have you by my side as we navigate this time in our lives.  

This is especially true for parenting.  Greta and Lincoln are blessed to have you as their calm and cool dad to balance out my military-infused mothering.  You bring hilarity to their world, as well as sternness when needed, and your ability to defuse the escalating teen and pre-teen emotions has been essential to all of our well-being.  You also help us all take ourselves a little less seriously, which is no small task!  While this can also mean you are merciless in your button-pushing, I like to think it comes from a place of love.

I would write more, but you just came downstairs, and I need to get this up NOW! Maybe I will add part 2 later....

So thank you for all that you are, and all you bring to our world.  We love you, and wish you a wonderful ride around the sun this coming year!

1 comment:

  1. Humbled by the kind words. Best thing I ever did was marry you and have a couple babies!

    ReplyDelete