Sunday, September 15, 2019

Missing moments

Rob works really hard at blogging regularly so that we can capture moments and memories to enjoy in the years to come.  I love him for it, and often look back at old posts to see Greta and Lincoln and family and friends.  I marvel at how these years are simply flying by, and find the growth of my two chickadees simply remarkable.

Anyway, there have been dozens of really sweet pictures that haven't been posted over the last couple of months because the website can be a bit of a bother at times.  So I am adding them here to simply have them as part of this online family album.  They make me smile, and I want to see them when I walk down memory lane someday.

Today we cover Bristol Hills and our annual trek to the State Fair.

BHMC concert pics first.  Greta has a solo in Flight of Valor, which I think is the third video...listen for the tune of the hymn "It is well with my soul" and you'll hear her.





The Great New York State Fair, always a fun day with Grandma Vickie and the Santillanes cousins. We always start in the Center of Progress Building, and check out the Sand Sculpture:

 
Greta wrote she wants to be a "Teacher + Environmental Scientist"...when I asked her about that she said "I want to be the next Bill McKibben."  Looks like another vote for her going to Midd someday...


Wine slushies for me and mom, Rob and the kids enjoyed 25-cent cups of milk:



Horticulture building was also trying to sell $300 hair styling devices...the price made my hair curl!


STEAM building gave Rob a chance to make a dozen other fair-goers laugh:


Enjoying Deep Fried Oreos and Deep Fried Cookie Dough.  Guess which ooey-gooey goodness won the kids' vote?











Taking aim in the 4-H building! Linc and Matthew, E-Duck Hunting.




Rob and I finished the day rocking out to Rick Springfield, who can still hit the high notes at age 70!

No comments:

Post a Comment