The younger child had his first cross country meet on Wednesday afternoon and ran the 1.5 mile course in 14 minutes and change. They weren't visible from my vantage point, but apparently it was VERY HILLY on the course, so Lincoln's 8-minute mile time didn't precisely translate to the trails of Tawasenta Park. Still, he crossed the finish 40th out of about 65 runners and immediately said he should have had a better breakfast. Grandma and Grandpa Merrill were there to cheer him on and I'm hoping Grandpa will send his 3 best Samsung phone photos when he reads this. He was enamored with the burst feature and took nearly 200 shots the three times Lincoln ran past him! In the meantime, here are a few I managed to get with the Canon. If you're ever in the area, cousin Ryan, I'd like to hire you and your tripod to get some really good shots.
No comments:
Post a Comment