Greta's former 6th grade teacher is spending part of his retirement peddling "mindfulness" programs to the community. He calls the effort "Wind & Waves Wellness," which I don't fully understand, except for the fact that he does have a small cottage in Lake George, so he is a water guy. Anyway, so far it involves local artists setting up in a Schenectady cafe to teach their hobby. Because Greta considers him the Best Teacher Ever (he's the one who required his 6th graders to create a Personal Dictionary and write and illustrate a novel) and because Carey is a sucker for extroverted retirees, Carey has paid him about $100 for herself and the kids to try origami, watercolor painting and in a couple weeks, yoga. I don't really get the business model -- I guess the artists get paid a percentage of each fee he charges? But why work with a middle man at all? Anyway, here are the watercolors from last weekend. Can you guess which is Greta, Lincoln and Carey? I'm holding out for a free Saturday or a clinic called "how best to watch basketball on TV," whichever comes first.

No comments:
Post a Comment