Per Ryan's request, Mittens weighed in yesterday at 20.9 lbs, down half a pound from October. The vet considers that great progress -- the equivalent of a 200-lb. person losing five pounds in three months. Other than that, the cat rarely strays from what I consider his prison, but what Greta and Mittens just consider a great place to sleep and hang out.
The dog is about 86 lbs. but has no idea how heavy he is. His head is as solid as an anvil when he falls asleep on you. We took the pet covers off the couches over the holidays and he is grateful. Carey tried to warm up with a blanket while watching "The Marvelous Miss Maizel" last night and said it smelled like ___. And she rarely swears. He is fed, walked and watered twice daily by yours truly in all sorts of miserable "upstate" New York conditions. It is the cross on which I will someday die. Carey and I cherish the weekend walks together when the weather cooperates.
So. All good on all fronts. Oh -- the fish! They are remarkably resilient. We forget to feed them at least three times per week and all five are still alive. Not sure we ever blogged about them, but these are adopted guppies that some elementary schoolboys were going to throw out at Niskayuna's version of the Rodman Field Days last summer. Soft-hearted Carey took them in and now they reside in a 2.5 gallon tank atop a bookshelf.
I would be less content with my life without your blog. I paint, walk with grandma, and read the blog.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! I feel more complete now.
ReplyDelete