Any time I start feeling even a little bit down about my life being way more than half over, my family reminds me I have an awful lot to live for -- got home yesterday from work about 3pm and was told dinner was in the works and I wasn't supposed to lift a finger. You don't have to tell me twice! I thoroughly enjoyed the 3:30 NBA game (Philly vs. OKC) and the Duke/UVA game at 6. The girls were obviously baking something and from the ingredients on the counter I deduced it was a German Chocolate Cake. But I didn't realize it was from scratch! Greta did it all herself with Mommy as her sous chef. It was delightfully airy and the frosting was what you'd expect from homemade caramel, baker's chocolate, coconut and pecans.But let's back up a little. First was dinner -- bacon-wrapped filet mignon, crab penne and a lovely side salad with butter lettuce, almonds, heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella, red peppers, and probably a few other tasty ingredients I'm forgetting. I wore my nicest t-shirt for the occasion.
![]() |
| The Dill Pickle flavor is less than good. |


No comments:
Post a Comment