Monday, January 14, 2019

Lazy Weekend

We were a little busy on Saturday, but not too much. Greta kicked things off with an audition for Suburban Council (that's the name of their multi-district "league" for sports and other extracurriculars, apparently) Concert Band, which required us to drive to another middle school and then delete both videos from my phone that I shot through the slightly ajar door. Apparently our daughter is sensitive and does not wish to share those with you, dear readers. You are entitled to this rehearsal shot in the Farnsworth Middle School "cafetorium," because making up words is what schools do these days. What do I know, but I thought she sounded great! It's a competitive ensemble, though, hundreds of kids tried out and there are only five flute spots, so we'll see. I'm proud of her for being judged regardless.

I then produced a men's basketball game for ESPN on Saturday afternoon which saw the Great Danes get clobbered by the worst team in their conference, Maine, so that doesn't bode well for the next six weeks. While I was working, the girls bought me a Blanket Ladder, which is a real thing and makes me feel very middle-aged while keeping some of Yeager's hair off our throws.

Sunday we accomplished nothing except a little housework. Built a fire, watched lots of football and Carey and I enjoyed re-watching "Shakespeare in Love," the 1998 Best Picture winner that we saw in a Cheyenne theater the night we were engaged 20 years ago.

Phone photo of the weekend goes to Carey, who captured Greta and Yeager lounging.


No comments:

Post a Comment