Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Day 3, Almost Too Tired to Type...

Is anybody reading this drivel? At the very least, it's a truncated travelogue since nobody else seems to be keeping a journal. We were at Buckingham Palace this morning around 1040, still too late to get any kind of view of the Changing of the Guard. A few shots through heads and phones... from there we strolled through St. James Park and past lots of government offices, some guarded by 20-somethings on horseback. Lovely lunch at an office worker quick stop called EAT (Carey had some salad with falafel, I had a jerk chicken bowl with rice and slaw, Linc and Greta had Mac & Cheese with bread crumbs and jalapenos, hold the jalapenos. After lunch it was an outside tour of Westminster Abbey and across the Thames to the London Eye. Dinner was the low point of the evening -- a touristy trap called Giraffe that enticed us with the promise of kids eating free. Home by 8 as we're up around dawn to catch a bus to "The Making of Harry Potter" Warner Bros. Studio Tour & Oxford for our last full day in England! Tally ho!


Doesn't this kid look just a little older than Max?
Greta's zoom shot of the Royal Banner, signifying the Queen is in residence.
This guy hates his life May-July from 10am-Noon.
Welsh Guard? Coldstream? Scots? Who cares!
Another Greta shot -- horses!
We walked by just as the 1pm bells were ringing!

View from about 1/3 around the Eye
Everyone was getting hangry, so  I couldn't perfect this shot, but I looooove the banner.
The Gates of Buckingham Palace. Behind these walls are really rich people with very little purpose.
Who's grumpier?
Playing with shutter speed...




Parts of Parliament and all of Big Ben shrouded for repair... boo!


Playing with shutter again... these foldable commuter bikes are everywhere
Some government buildings as seen from Buckingham




5 comments:

  1. Yes, I am reading the drivel. Having just been there ourselves, it has been very interesting see how you navigate London.

    I like the shutter speed pictures. You're doing a great job of getting your family in the photos as well. Because I was taking pictures of the buildings, etc. I was often too far behind the group to get anyone in the shot.

    Look forward to hearing about the Harry Potter tour. We enjoyed it. Hope you enjoy your last day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley and I have also been enjoying this drivel. We wish we were still there. Hope you guys are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish we could have explored the UK together! ~Carey

      Delete
  3. I never traveled much, but Mom just gave me a personal guided tour of your pictures. She had been there and done that. We love you all and appreciate the tour.

    ReplyDelete