Sunday, June 24, 2012

Racin'

Because my wife is an extrovert to my introvert and because she is jealous of the fact that other streets in town have summer block parties (we can't shut down our street as we're on an ambulance route, apparently), she invited all the neighbors over for a cookout this afternoon. I gave her a hard time all day about it. She bought too many plastic forks, too much beer, not enough ice... some of you may know I can be a nag. Well I'll be damned if it wasn't the best backyard party of the year so far. We grilled the meats (burgers, dogs and fireman's chicken) and everyone brought a side or dessert. Got some good shots of the kids running across the lawn. Just lined 'em up at one end and told them to run toward my camera when I counted to three. Jack let Lincoln stay close the first couple times, but by the end you can see him looking back over his shoulder, Usain Bolt style. That kid's a natural.





No comments:

Post a Comment