What an amazing year this has been!
You've grown into an independent, articulate, savvy kid. You've learned
the power of being literal, and make arguments in your defense that make
your lawyer-mom proud (albeit frustrated!).
You adore Greta, but
also love to provoke reactions from her by hiding Lambie, breathing
like Darth Vader while you chase her with a light saber, and insisting
that she play with you. Since you share much more laughter than tears, I
think your relationship is a good one. She is fiercely protective of
you, and I can tell that you will always find a selfless, true ally in
her. You two conspire as well, and daddy and I have to stay on our
toes!
You've enjoyed "school" at Village Babies, and are ready
for kindergarten in the fall. I can hardly wait to share that
experience with you. I can
hardly believe we will be putting you on a bus in a couple of months!
We
also look forward to getting you to school since it will mean the end
of naps, and as a result, better bedtimes. Over the last few months, you
have stood at the top of the stairs countless times at (or after) 9pm
to announce: "I am NOT tired!" or "I want to cuddle!" Of course, I AM
tired... very, very tired, and have had to remind myself to be patient as
I try to tuck you in again. I know that the day will come all to soon
when you go to bed without being tucked in and probably not want to
cuddle at all!
Your love of ocean animals continues, with Moray
Eels now topping the list as your favorite sea creature. You like to
pretend you are one, building a "reef" and popping up between a crevice.
It is really fun to play with you!
Your Y chromosome shines in
your knack for video games. You enjoy playing Wii games with your dad,
and often mention that you want a DS. (You're not getting one yet.) You
are creative in your approach to problem solving, so I think the limited
screen time is fine. We also tell ourselves that playing Angry Birds
will perhaps make you good at physics!
You are still mighty
attached to Bluey, aka Blank Blank. It is in your arms at bedtime, and
anytime you want comfort or to curl up and cuddle. It is a gentle reminder that
you are, and will always be, my little one.
The last half decade
has been a great one, Lincoln. Daddy and I love you so very, very
much. Five is bound to be fabulous and fun!
Happy Birthday, Lincoln! Hope your year ahead is great! Enjoy being 5!
ReplyDeleteLove-
Karin, Mark, Kate and Lauren