Sunday, April 5, 2009

A lovely end to the week

It was 67 degrees in the tri-state area today and everyone took advantage. The parks were packed, the rakes were whistling and the air smelled like cookouts. Naturally I didn't take a single picture. But we packed a lot in on Sunday -- a long walk in the morning, a picnic at South Orange Reservation, yard work, a bike ride to get ice cream, and hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill for dinner.

I had the camera with me on Saturday, when the best shot ended up not even being my kid. That's Greta's pal Emma running from some kind of monster embodied by her Dad. With a longer lens, it's almost award-winning. Does the Easter Bunny bring gifts?

I also took a couple good shots of the Merrill brood while they were decorating what I still find an amusing tradition -- the Easter Tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment