Greta and I enjoyed helping friend/parent duties last Thursday, her last class before Easter/Spring Break. I didn't realize when I signed up for the 9th that it meant Easter Party responsibilities, so I was caught off-guard when Mrs. Hicks requested on Wednesday that I bring Easter cookies with frosting for decorating and extra hard-boiled eggs. Having barely recovered from the party on Tuesday, I baked another three dozen...which meant eight dozen cookies in three days!
The afternoon was a blast. In addition to the cookies and egg decorating, Greta and I enjoyed playing farm as "Mama Pig", "Baby Pig", and "Goose" with girlfriend Madison, with the occasional interruption from fierce tigers and lions (utilized by the boys, of course). The kids loved singing "Little Bunny Foo-Foo" and "I'm A Fat Brown Rabbit," and I couldn't help but laugh at their giggles. On the playground, Greta impressed me with her latest trick on the corkscrew, and then I got to play Easter Bunny and hide eggs for their class hunt in the garden. We had a fun snack time with carrot sticks, cheese, and, of course, the cookies the kids decorated. On the way to pick up Lincoln, Greta thanked me for a special afternoon, "just the girls." No, sweetness, thank you!
What a nice party and what a handsome group of kids!! They all look so happy. Carey, you have a such a special talent for both amusing and educating children.
ReplyDelete