But she's started to vary her exclamations a bit, recently introducing, "I want cake" (yes, following our neighbor Jennifer's birthday party), and Sunday night, a new twist. First it was "I want Mommy," then "I want Daddy," and THEN, "I want Jay." I figured "I want Jay" was worth checking out, so I went in and told Greta that Jay is 2-years-old and has his own middle-of-the-night issues. So don't go asking him for succor and comfort in your time of need. I'm the only man you'll ever need, daughter.
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Sleeptalker
Our baby girl talks in her sleep. Usually it's "I want Mommy" or "I want Daddy." We make a case-by-case decision about whether it's truly worth getting out of bed over or if she's just mumbling as she rolls over.
But she's started to vary her exclamations a bit, recently introducing, "I want cake" (yes, following our neighbor Jennifer's birthday party), and Sunday night, a new twist. First it was "I want Mommy," then "I want Daddy," and THEN, "I want Jay." I figured "I want Jay" was worth checking out, so I went in and told Greta that Jay is 2-years-old and has his own middle-of-the-night issues. So don't go asking him for succor and comfort in your time of need. I'm the only man you'll ever need, daughter.
But she's started to vary her exclamations a bit, recently introducing, "I want cake" (yes, following our neighbor Jennifer's birthday party), and Sunday night, a new twist. First it was "I want Mommy," then "I want Daddy," and THEN, "I want Jay." I figured "I want Jay" was worth checking out, so I went in and told Greta that Jay is 2-years-old and has his own middle-of-the-night issues. So don't go asking him for succor and comfort in your time of need. I'm the only man you'll ever need, daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rob, I reiterate -- you are the absolute BEST daddy!
ReplyDeleteAK :o)