Monday, June 11, 2007

34 weeks!

In two very short weeks (fingers crossed) I'll be a father twice over. I'm starting to think that there's a direct relationship between the number of children one has and one's sentimentality. That's the only thing that explains why I got choked up reading this book excerpt from Tim Russert that I produced today at work.
Carey had her 34-week checkup today and Otto (which, sadly, will be nothing but an in-utero name soon) passed with flying colors. Still, their standard of care and her previous pregancy dictates that they operate on June 25. Which means we have just two more weeks of this singular blog title and very little time to capture memories like this one:


2 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to a picture like this, God willing.
    This would make a great framed picture in black and white. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, I read that beautiful excerpt and here I was, moments ago, wiping my eyes and blowing my nose. I have few pleasant memories of my father, but found it ever so touching anyway. By the way, love, love, love the photo of Doctor Greta listening to her little brother's heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete