Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rainy day people

A wet and wild weekend in your nation's capital. Saturday was mostly shopping. Greta scored at least six outfits as Mommy maxed out her AmEx. We also visited Thomas the Train at Barnes & Noble, where we thumbed through "100,001 Baby Names." At one point Carey said, aloud, "Bennett, I like that name. Two N's, two T's, goes well with the two R's and two L's in Merrill. Bennett, sounds nice." Five seconds later the Dad to her left says, "Bennett, play nice and share." How odd is that? Anyway, 100,001 names later and I still like Otto and Sterling.

Sunday we chilled out with the Bengs girls, dreaming about drier weather. Daddy caught a movie ("Shooter" starring Marky Mark Wahlberg, long past his Funky Bunch days). I left the house as Greta was going down for her nap and I returned to this.

Also had a nice dinner with Aunt Kathy at Generous George's, probably the most kid-friendly local joint around.

Now it's 8 p.m. and we say our silent prayer for the first restful night in the big girl bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment