Thursday, April 19, 2007

In La-La land

In case loyal readers were wondering, I'm not blogging about Greta because I'm in L.A. this week attending the Knight New Media seminar "Covering Politics in Cyberspace." The name is more exciting than the conference, trust me. But I do have a cool hotel room on the 27th floor, overlooking the Hollywood hills. And the elevator at the hotel was used in the 1993 film "In the Line of Fire" during a scene with Clint Eastwood. Nobody at the conference can remember the scene. That's been my conversation starter with most of the attendees. Meanwhile, Carey's in Syracuse visiting her family and without the USB cord for the camera. So no pictures until Sunday, I'm afraid. Until then, here's the view out my window. Not enough zoom to show the HOLLYWOOD sign, but it's on the hill in the distance, closer to the left than the right.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that scene and I'm not even a keen movie goer... is everyone else at the conference too young to remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm ... don't think so. You really remember it? Describe, please.

    ReplyDelete