Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Jump Bunch


Every Tuesday from 11:30 - 12:00 I join Greta at the CDC for Jump Bunch at the gym. She and five other kids, ages 18-months to 3 years, enjoy a half hour of organized gym time. Greta hasn't mastered the "jump" part of Jump Bunch yet, but she tries very hard: she bends her knees and pushes up, but doesn't get her feet off the ground. It is very amusing to watch.

The teacher, Melissa, introduces new exercises each week, making exercise a fun experience. There are lots of high fives and applause, as everyone gives their best effort. Until today, I was impressed by how well Greta followed directions and tried to mimic the adults...unfortunately this morning she realized the disobedient boys who wanted to run around the gym carrying their red dots instead of standing on them were actually having a better time, and she decided to follow them whenever they bolted for the opposite end of the gym. She has the most devilish little grin...which unfortunately I couldn't capture on camera since I was trying to get three little kids back onto their dots!

Class ends with each child getting a purple handstamp, which smells like grapes. Greta makes sure Mommy gets a stamp, too. Then it's back to her classroom for naptime. Click here for pictures from the class we had today!

1 comment:

  1. How cute!!! Thanks for all the pics from Jump Bunch class. Great job, Greta!!
    AK

    ReplyDelete