Length = 75th percentile
Weight = between 10th and 25th percentile
Head Circumference = between 25th and 50th percentile
Overall, you almost forget she was a preemie! But the good doctor referred us for a developmental assessment of Greta's gross motor skills, since Greta just started to sit up by herself about two weeks ago, won't pull her body to a standing position, won't get into a tripod, and won't crawl on her hands and knees. She was going to refer us to a neurologist as well (merely as a precaution), but then decided to wait and see how things go with the assessment. We'll revisit the matter at Greta's 15 month checkup.
Then it was off for blood work. Greta was a trooper when it took the nurse 20 minutes to find a vein for a CBC, and a very brave little girl when it took almost 5 minutes to draw 1/4 cc of blood. I felt like the meanest mommy in the world as I held her in a bear hug while she whimpered and her tears ran down my arms. She just did not want to bleed! Just when the nurse was going to try and stick her again, she leaked out a smidgen of blood, and they called it good.
Next up: the immunization clinic for four shots. She took them like a champ. By that point, however, we were both exhausted. We'd been at the hospital for two hours! But since you have to wait at least 15 minutes before you can leave post immunization, we walked upstairs to the NICU to give them a "then and now" photo collage/thank you note. They love to see how the babies have grown!

After our mandatory wait period, I drove Greta to Mama Dhillon's and arrived at work around 1230. And tomorrow morning I am out of the office to take care of the Child Development Center paperwork. Did Rob post that we are finally off the wait list?! It will be heartbreaking to leave Mama D's, but the thought of having two extra hours a day with Greta made the decision so easy. More on that in a later blog.
That is so great that you went back and visited the nurses in the NICU. I'm sure they really appreciated it. See you guys soon!
ReplyDeleteI remember seeing her in the NICU and she was so very little. She has amazed me at how far she has progressed in just a year. I am just blessed to be her grandma and have shared in this precious, first year of her life. You are terrific parents and I want you to keep being amazed at your daughter's growth and development. She will go far._love mom
ReplyDelete