Friday, May 5, 2006

A Mommy Moment

Happy Birthday, baby girl. I told Daddy today that I had never before in my life been so aware of one year, of each month, of each moment. How is it that before you entered my life so many days, and even minutes, passed by without reflection?

A mere 365 days ago you resembled a little red lobster, a mere 4 lbs 3 oz. To see you today, with eyes twinkling, grabbing a handful of spaghetti and meatballs and shoving it into your gummy, grinning mouth, I sat amazed at your magnificent self, and at our incredible journey. And I thought of how exciting the coming days and months and years are going to be. But I want them to come slowly, please, because each second is so precious, so cherished. I love you, Greta, my sweet baby girl. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment