You are the reason I rise in the morning.
Your toothless smile can make me forget about everything else in my world.
Eskimo kisses on the belly are better, even, than a Yankees win vs. the Red Sox (regular season)
If you ever really say, "Pop," in my presence, I will probably cry.
The smell of your hair after a bath puts me in a very good mood.
I'm sorry we made you wear that Indian crown at your first birthday party.
My mother asked me soon after your birth if I ever thought I was capable of loving this much. I did not, but I do.
I asked my father if the anxiety I feel every time you cry ever goes away. He asked how old I was, then said it hasn't abated in 34 years.
I love you, my pumpkin, my boog', my dearest daughter.
Happy first birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment