With a 21-year-old and a days-away-from-19-year-old in the house, most days it feels like even my utility as a chauffeur is a thing of the past.
I am still good at eating (and paying for said eats) and Greta seems to appreciate my willingness to jog with her while chatting about life. Same with Lincoln on a disc golf course.
All of which is to say I had a most excellent Father's Day, because my wife and children did the things I like to do and allowed me to control the remote.
We started with breakfast at Lakeside Farms, where Yeager ate more scraps of bread than he's ever had in his life. We then watched some World Cup, napped, and walked the Schenectady Farmer's Market before popping in to a pub and watching some more World Cup. Ended the day with homemade burgers on the grill and a stop at Control Tower for ice cream. In terms of presents, I went to bed with three more pairs of running shorts than I had when I woke up, a pair of socks, and a book of NYT crosswords. Oh, and a promise from Greta to run the Philadelphia Half Marathon on Sept. 20. Our motto: "PR like it's 1776."
 |
| Before his 7 slices of buttered toast. |
 |
| Father's Day breakfast at Lakeside Farms. |
 |
| This was Father's Day Eve in Troy, where the ladies enjoyed a bottle of Korean wine and post-dinner cocktails. |
 |
| Greta stayed true to her promise: No more turning down free drinks. |
 |
| In the courtyard of the Korean restaurant in Troy, accessed by walking through a hoarder's room at the back of the restaurant. |
No comments:
Post a Comment