Friday, June 5, 2026

Culture

Quite a week of post-work entertainment after I got back from my Montana getaway! That first night we caught the 1990's alternative band Cake at Saratoga Performing Arts Center with our neighbors the Zierers. The music was just meh -- they're old, after all, Matthew Gilmore -- but the best part was a text Liddy (the female half of the Zierers) sent me afterwards: "Thanks again for a fun evening last night! I was especially struck by how much you guys love each other! It is beautiful!" I'm guessing that's how she interpreted Carey dancing and me trying to hug her in an effort to keep her from dancing with everyone else after 23.5 oz. of Smirnoff Ice Smash. 

Thursday night we redeemed a Christmas gift -- tickets to Tig Notaro's comedy show at The Egg, a performing arts venue in downtown Albany. Many jokes about lesbians and about the venue itself, which only looks like an egg when viewed from above, which only airplane passengers ever do.  

1 comment: