Lincoln and I traveled to Jefferson County on Saturday to attend Dad's art show at what locals call the Sackets Harbor Art Gallery, but which calls itself the Arts Association of Northern New York. The Girards also made the trip, so it was nice to have almost everybody on my side of the family together. Carey and Greta stayed home so Greta could attend her final pair of graduation parties with friends. We enjoyed a nice dinner at Tin Pan Galley after the show and Linc and I rode the Tug Hill trails on Sunday before driving back home. Two stories to illustrate life in a small town: 1) While perusing the wares across the street at Market on Main, the proprietor kicks off a round of small talk with, "Where you from?" "Visiting from near Albany," I say, "for Jerry Merrill's art show across the street." "Oh! Did you know he painted a mural at the Maynard P. Wilson building in Adams Center?" "I did," I say. "I've known him longer than you have." 2) Lincoln, signing the register at the Tug Hill trails, enters into the "Reason for Visit" column -- "In town to see Jerry Merrill's art show in Sackets Harbor. Check it out!"
![]() |
| I'm told Esme's Lobster Mac & Cheese was very good, but she supplemented it by eating the flower garnish from Sara's tuna dish. |








No comments:
Post a Comment