Monday, July 31, 2023

Bro Weekend

Not too adventurous this year, Gardner and I met up at his place in Falls Church, Va., a tony D.C. suburb where he and Allison have lived since around 2005. We played some pickleball, spent a couple hours at a Top Golf facility, caught a My Morning Jacket show at The Anthem on the D.C. waterfront, and gambled at the MGM Resort in the National Harbor. Enjoyed Greek, Mexican and Egyptian food as well, and watched 3-4 Women's World Cup games. Oh, and I jogged around my first D.C. area residence, the apartment Karin and I shared on Random Run Lane in 1995-1996, just about 2 miles from Gardner's house. Barely took a photo, but here are a few.

Apparently my left arm should be much straighter. But honestly, I drove the ball 150 yards a few times and fairly straight! Must just be a natural athlete.

Very cool venue on the D.C. waterfront, capacity about 6,000 -- big sloping floor for the crazies and three levels of balconies around it in a u-shape.


Inside the Gaylord National Resort & Conference Center in the National Harbor...gorgeous natural light atrium.

Our view from dinner at National Harbor as "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" played for the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment