 |
Two Lincolns.
|


We're safely ensconced at Aunt Kathy's condo above the Ballston Metro for the week. Arrived about 4pm yesterday and the kids and I immediately went for a bike ride around the monuments. Down to Iwo Jima, across Memorial Bridge, a half lap around the reflecting pool from Lincoln to Washington, then up 14th St. to M and back to Ballston via Georgetown and Key Bridge. I felt myself getting angry at the admissions team at Georgetown for wait-listing my first born, then I looked over my shoulder and saw Greta's smiling face and realized wherever she studies will be so freakin' lucky to have her and she's going to make the most of it! Probably just 1.5 miles up 37th St. in Northwest D.C. at American University. Admitted Students Day there is Friday. Until then, it's more biking, visits to Mt. Vernon, the Library of Congress and the Supreme Court, and a Nats game on Friday. Happy Spring Break, y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment