Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Still sculpting (and dancing) after all these years...

We were sad to miss the rebirth of Snowtown U.S.A. in Watertown this past weekend, but with wind chills double digits below zero on Saturday, I think we made the right choice! Dad sculpted a tribute to his late friend Klaus Ebeling -- carving an abstract design that Klaus first sculpted at the inaugural Snowtown in the 1980s. Here's a local TV story about the ephemeral art competition, along with a story from the local fish-wrapper, The Watertown Daily Times. (Fun note: I emailed back and forth with one of the writers, who turned out to be the paper's editor and publisher, on Monday, fixing a slew of typos -- sculpture vs. sculptor, led vs. lead. He admitted he did not have the benefit of a copy editor and asked me if I wanted to get back into the business.😀)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment