People like to say that families are complicated. It's a way to explain away abnormal behavior, I guess. But for me, it's pretty simple. I like my extended family because they laugh at my jokes. We have an easy rhythm, where conversations don't feel forced and it hasn't been almost 10 YEARS since we've seen each other. All of that is a roundabout way of saying thanks to about 50% of this blog's readers -- The Happy Gilmores and Karin and her family. I spent 1.5 days with them this weekend in Cary, N.C., after driving mom and dad down for a month-long stay with Jim and Carol Steele. Everyone who lives in the state and is related to me gathered at the Gilmores yesterday for great food and catching up. Ryan had his professional Canon out quite a bit, but I'm not sure we'll see those photos until the Spring. So here are just a few I took with my phone.
 |
Ryan and his father-in-law, Jim.
|
 |
My beautiful cousin. I didn't realize how much I missed making her laugh until we spent a few hours together.
|
 |
The hostest with the mostest on the other end of the couch, Kim. She makes a mean homemade granola.
|
 |
Karin holding court; maybe just before she spilled the beans about her oldest daughter's latest tattoo?
|
 |
I'm telling myself that's a defined right pec and not a man boob. That's Karin's younger daughter, Lauren, photo bombing frame left.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment