![]() |
| Monday morning, Jan. 23, the kids last snow day of the year. Any more, they have to Google Meet. |
Not a whole lot to write about, but it's been 5 days, so I must. It was Regents/mid-term week at school, so the kids have kept strange hours, going in for review sessions or their exams, then coming home. We are lucky to live within walking distance of the high school. Greta also signed up to read children's books in French to elementary school kids, which she enjoyed. I'm making a list of all the Oscar nominees I want to watch and trying not to do the math on how many hours that will take -- such long films this year! ("Tar," "Everything Everywhere All at Once," The Fablemans," etc.) The UAlbany basketball seasons are just past the mid-point, with the weekly schedule heating up -- I'm working games on Wednesdays and Saturdays through February. The women's team is undefeated with only Maine standing between them and a March Madness berth. The men's team is awful, with the coach in legal trouble for allegedly assaulting a former player. (He plead not guilty earlier this week in a Kentucky court, having already been fined $25,000 and served a five-game suspension levied by the university.) Carey casually encountered the DEC commissioner yesterday in the office and when he said, "What's up?" she said, "Gas prices!" It's funnier if you know that Basil Seggos drives a Tesla.

I'm also creating a small list of movies I want to see before the Oscars! So far on my list, I need to watch the Banshees of Inisherin, Tar, Elvis, and All Quiet on the Western Front
ReplyDelete