The kids and Carey made it to Midnight on New Year's Day -- I called it a night around 1045pm. But I'd already made my resolution in November, of course -- to lose weight, avoid all the awful health complications associated with diabetes and live to hold grandchildren. Happy to report I'm down 15 lbs in about six weeks. Hungry all the time, but managing. It'll be nice when all the Christmas cookies and chocolates are consumed by others and I don't have to look at them every day.
Anyway. Other resolutions -- Lincoln says he's just going to roll his over. He vowed to do 10 sit-ups a day in 2020 and kept his promise. I'm trying to get him to up it to 20, but we'll see. Greta said she didn't make a public resolution last year, but told herself she wanted to get straight A's, which she accomplished. She did not reveal her 2021 resolution to me. And Mommy -- well, she would like to do more yoga, do more crocheting, use more lotion and read at least a book a month. Two days in and she's killing it so far. Wally Lamb's "I Know this Much is True" is first on her bookshelf. And note the AirPods -- hippest yogi ever.
Congratulations on the weight loss and to your other family members for achieving their 2020 goals!
ReplyDelete