I think the phrase -- usually applied to hot summer days in August -- is meant to convey a sense of laziness and inconsequence. I don't think any of us feel lazy, necessarily, and certainly world events seem consequential at this time in our nation's history, but this sitting around at home stuff is getting very, very old. I still get out for twice daily dog walks either in the neighborhood or in the woods, but we've reverted to one big grocery shopping trip on the weekends and are mostly immersed in our own devices the rest of the time. "Arrested Development" is our new family binge, and we all continue to make progress on our New Year's resolutions. A special shout-out to Carey, who has transformed into quite the devoted yogi, waking every morning at 6 a.m. to sit in the living room for half an hour with her AirPods on stretching and breathing with Adriene. And another shout-out to Greta, who uses the Body Power Trio-Trainer in the basement just as often as I do.
Because every post requires a photo, apparently, here is a screen grab of a video Greta took last weekend while Yeager had a mild but lengthy seizure on the kitchen floor. He seemed OK 15 minutes later and the vet just advises vigilance, but we'll see. It sure won't be easy if that's how he crosses the rainbow bridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment