Thursday, December 17, 2020

Snowmageddon

Befitting this dog turd of a year, we got walloped with about 30" of the white stuff overnight. Started about 10pm and didn't stop until late morning. This was the view when I opened the garage door:

And this is our 4' mailbox, looking like a periscope.


Greta and I took first Shovel Shift and managed to create a one-car width lane about two-thirds down the driveway. Carey and Lincoln finished it up before lunch. The plows didn't go down our street at all today, so it's a real mess in the neighborhood. Difficult, even, to walk a dog. A few big trucks and SUVs have carved out the snow equivalent of a carriage road at Acadia Park, but I think it'll take a lot of weekend overtime by the highway department before we see bare road again.

So, settle in, binge your choice show -- don't bother with "Tenet," Carey and I watched it last night and I have no idea what it was about -- and stay safe, people.

2 comments:

  1. Riley informed me that Endicott was at 40+ inches as of yesterday morning. Sadly, we got nothing nut rain. Looks like a white Christmas for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, your old hometown got hammered! Not that it's been any picnic here. Two true snow days for the kids because not everyone K-12 has a Chromebook yet. A very White Christmas, indeed!

    ReplyDelete