Tuesday, January 5, 2016

22nd college reunion

We weren't formally invited and almost nobody else was on campus (J-term begins Jan. 11), but college pal Kipp and I enjoyed strolling the grounds of Middlebury this afternoon and recalling our glory days. I only hoisted the camera a couple times and of course only got a selfie of us together, so you'll have to trust me that a good time was had by all. The Suttons return to Bangkok tomorrow where he has 2 1/2 years remaining in his latest USAID assignment. He always was the peripatetic sort.

My freshman dorm.
Kipp's oldest daughter Yakira, age 5.

We stopped by the field house to see the new ice hockey palace and enjoyed watching the men's hockey team do 4 v. 3 drills.

Kipp's youngest, 3-year-old Zuli.
The Center for the Arts, now with the name Kevin Mahaney '84 attached, because he wrote a big check with lots of zeroes.
Mead Chapel, where I used to pray a lot.


The Abernethy Room at the library, which featured somehow in my English thesis, but I can't remember how.

No comments:

Post a Comment