Friday, May 22, 2015
Let's shake things up a little, shall we?
The Merrills are moving! Sucked dry by our jobs and a relentless 8-year commute, we're hitching up the wagons and heading north. Destination: Albany, where Carey's accepted a Special Counsel position in the Cuomo administration. I'm going to be a dad for whatever part of the summer we get up there and then start looking for work, perhaps something completely different. Eighteen years in the media is about enough, I think. But who knows, I may not have any other skills. We both end our current gigs on June 12 and Carey begins her new job on July 13. The kids seem mostly OK with it, but I imagine there will be some tears as we pull out of the driveway for the last time. It all has me feeling quite liberated this Memorial Day weekend. Wishing you and yours a lovely start to summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

First, nice photo! :)
ReplyDeleteBest of luck on the new life and congratulations for being bold enough to make the decision!