I like baseball, the lazy nature of it, the smell of cut grass, and the pings and cracks of ball on bat... but it's nothing compared to the non-stop excitement of basketball or the strategy and athleticism required in a soccer match.
So I'm happy to report that while Lincoln has shown no great affinity for hoops, he enjoyed his first soccer experience yesterday. A local group is trying to drum up business for their summer skills camps by offering free clinics for the next few Saturdays, so we stopped by with a few dozen other kids. They played games like "how many times can you score in a minute?" and "how far can you kick it with the inside of your foot?" and "can you balance a soccer ball on your foot? How about your eye socket?" He was with his friends Jack, Henry and Luka, so they had fun challenging each other.
It's obvious I now need The Happy Gilmores' tripod and Photoshop for post production, but for now, here's Lincoln on a marvelous 80-degree pre-summer day learning what the Brazilians will soon demonstrate on futbol's grandest stage, the beautiful game.










No comments:
Post a Comment