Carey has started a tradition, now three months old, where she watches a movie with the kids on a laptop in bed on the first Friday of the month, then promises to sleep with them in Greta's bed. The night always begins with great anticipation. The kids talk about it from the moment they get home from school. They eat good dinners, they behave through bath and teeth brushing, then they settle in sweetly for the evening's screening. "A Bug's Life" was Greta's choice tonight.
Ninety minutes later is when the fun begins. I didn't interrupt to capture any of it on camera, opting to enjoy my own movie night ("Conviction" with Hilary Swank - a predictable tale about DNA exoneration) via headphones so I didn't have to listen to Lincoln refuse to settle down. By 10 o'clock all was finally quiet and below is the scene at the moment. The kids want me to somehow squeeze into the bed so we can all wake up tomorrow together, but I don't see much room, do you?
No comments:
Post a Comment