We need some Christmas Eve traditions. It's pretty much just a day to get to the next day around here. We spent it cleaning the house this morning while the kids played their new favorite role-playing game, Mommy & Baby. (Greta tells Lincoln to do various things and he does them.) Around Noon we got a text from the Haydens saying Steve was taking his two daughters to the nearby playground and invited us to join them. Carey did, while I aimlessly drove to the retail corridor, eventually ending up at Costco where I bought myself a Christmas present -- the Wii game Donkey Kong Country Returns. (Rated by Entertainment Weekly as one of the top games of the year, in case you're curious.)
Once the sun went down, Carey and Greta went to a Christmas Eve service while Lincoln and I stayed behind and watched a Diego movie. He really got into it, reenacting the underwater adventure with his scuba gear.
Fast forward and the kids were asleep by 8. Carey wrapped presents for two hours while I watched Inside the Actor's Studio with James Franco.
Now it's lights out and hope they don't wake up before 7.
And to all a good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment