Thursday, April 3, 2008

What's 93 years among family?

Robert F. Merrill was born March 22, 1914. He has 9 great-grandchildren. But in his dotage he reminds Carey and me every time we see him with our kids that Greta & Lincoln are the first Merrills. I think this photo takes it one step further and portrays how proud my 94-year-old grandfather is that his family tree will grow at least another branch.

4 comments:

  1. What a great photo and how touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Probably one of the best ones I've seen on our blogs. You should get that framed and give to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now that won't be a surprise, will it? :-)

    By the way, my Dad took the photo. Carey's off-camera, holding on to Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent photo. Might I suggest a vignette effect around the edges to complete the antiqued look?

    ReplyDelete