Sunday, April 13, 2008

Little Bunny's tutu

Greta doesn't give any of her stuffed animals actual pet names. Her monkey is Pygmy Marmoset, her bedtime cats are Black Cat and Pink Kittie, and her latest favorite animal to play with is Little Bunny, a wind-up toy from Easter '07 that Greta recently rediscovered at the bottom of her stuffed animal bin.

Little Bunny suffered a severe injury last week when both of her bouncy legs broke off. Thank goodness for the miracle invention of a hot glue gun! As Greta waited patiently for the legs to dry, I explained that although Little Bunny had her feet back, she couldn't wind up and bounce anymore. She gave me a dismissive "OK, mom" reply and then whisked Little Bunny into the playroom to celebrate her speedy recovery. When I followed her a little later, I saw Little Bunny dressed up in a princess wristlet, and Greta matter-of-factly explained to me that Little Bunny might not be able to bounce, but she can still dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment