Monday, April 14, 2008

Home again

I've been apart from the fam for a few days probably half a dozen times since Greta was born, but last week's trip to New Orleans was different. I missed them terribly, and it didn't help when Carey related stories over the phone about Greta crying, "I miss Daddy!," before going to bed.
Anyway, got back Saturday afternoon and met Carey and the kids when they got home from a friend's birthday party. Greta made a big show of ringing the doorbell and yelling, "Surprise!" when I opened the door. She had hot pink lip gloss smeared all over her lips and face, compliments of Alexandria's goodie bag. But boy was she happy to see me! Trailed me all around the house for the next couple hours, showing me things, hugging my leg, generally making me feel like the Best Daddy Ever.

Naturally I didn't capture any of that raw joy on camera. But we spent Sunday afternoon at the Millburn Street Festival and I snapped a couple good shots. One of Greta feeding the calf and another riding the pony. Plus, Lincoln's first Saltine (unsalted, natch).

It's nice to be home.



No comments:

Post a Comment