Sunday, April 6, 2008

Greta heard a Who!

One month shy of her third birthday, I took Greta to her first movie Sunday. She was very excited until the lights went out and the noise started. Then she snuggled close to me for about 15 seconds, looked around, noticed the emergency aisle lighting and said, "I'm glad those lights are there to keep me safe." The movie was kinda loud at times and she hid her face when the mean eagle chases Horton through the forest, but she toughed it out for the full 98 minutes, which made Daddy feel better about the $16. Here are a couple pix, one inside the theater, one out.

2 comments:

  1. Carey corrects me: Greta went to see Broken Flowers when she was 4 months old. But it was a Reel Mom's event, the sound was down low, and the audience was solely caregivers and babies in strollers. She also saw an Elmo movie in a similar situation at about 2 years old. But the movie wasn't a wide theatrical release. So what I'm saying is Horton Hears a Who? was Greta's first big budget, animated theater-going experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a vulture, not an eagle.

    Dad and I took Max and Esme to see it over Easter weekend. Both seemed to enjoy it, and the vulture was Max's favorite part!

    ReplyDelete