Just wanted to offer a public congratulations to Dudley and Jen, new parents to Katharine Taylor Louise Winthrop, who will be known in the world as Kay Taylor Winthrop. Why not just name her that? I dunno -- you'll have to ask her parents. :-) I suspect Dudley will offer lots of photos and stories on his blog after he gets some sleep. Kay Taylor joined the world at 4:03 p.m., weighing 6 lbs, 10 oz, and measuring 20" long. Excellent stats for a future paparazzi magnet.Seriously, it's wonderful news and Carey and I wish you all the best. We only wish we were in D.C. to meet the little gal and watch her grow up as Lincoln's playmate. But we'll see her often, I hope.
I ended each of my -- count 'em, SIX (cousin Ryan, sister Sara, friend Aaron, cousin Karin, friend Gardner, friend Dudley)-- wedding toasts with the line, "May all your tomorrows be just like today." From one parent to another, I'd like to amend that to, "May at least one of your tomorrows be like yesterday."
P.S. Yes, Gardner, you should feel horrible about not having a blog.
Thanks for the reference to the Bean Patch. My curiosity about the "paparazzi magnet" led me to check it out. It is a creative approach to blogging. There is a publication (that I have not read)entitled, Artful Blogging. I imagine this as one example of virtual art displayed in the mag. One day, maybe I'll have more than 2 posts in the blog I created last year, and I, too, will be included in the Merrills' list of friends' blogs.
ReplyDelete-Melissa
What a little beauty!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Dudley and Jen, on the birth of your lovely daughter.
Carey & Rob's
Aunt Kathy