Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Tuesday Trials




We missed Daddy today. He went to NYC yesterday for work, so it was just the two of us. Not too terrible a Monday night...a couple of coughing jags (one that produce some stringy peach from dinner--yuck!) but Greta slept through from 7:30 pm until 5:50 a.m. Since she woke up crying, I figured she wasn't really ready to get up (she wakes up for the day a very happy baby!). So I gave her 6 oz and she fell asleep immediately. I felt terrible waking her an hour later to take her to day care. Felt even worse when she spit up in the car on the way down, drenching her outfit (it was wear your favorite color day; she was in yellow) and the car seat. Serves me right for not getting a burp out of her! But her bag had two extra outfits in it, so I figured "no worries." And all was well until Mama Dhillon called my office just after 2 p.m. to say that Greta was not well and had thrown up. I asked if it was a wet burp or related to coughing, but she said 'No...it was vomit." So I got to leave work early to pick her up. She was in a great mood, so when we got home I decided to go for a walk to the grocery store. Ended up buying her a rabbit balloon because she was being such a good girl, and I thought it would make her feel better...in our house you get whatever you want when you are sick. Since she wasn't acting ill and didn't have a fever, I fed her bananas and oatmeal for dinner, with her favorite sweet potato puffs. She kept that down and had a fantastic bath playing with her foamy letters. She didn't seem ill, so I fixed her a bottle and she downed 6 oz and went to sleep like an angel. Hopefully she'll keep it down. She wouldn't burp for me, so we'll see. And of course, we'll let you know how the night goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment