I'm officially done with most of my academic classes! Final exams for my lecture-based courses wrapped up last Wednesday, and I celebrated by heading to the beach! It was a whirlwind visit bookended by a five-hour train ride, but my friends and I made the most of it. A happy coincidence meant our Airbnb house rental turned into an ocean view penthouse apartment. We forgot to load electricity tokens the first night and ended up having to plug in the meter at the guard station at 1am (who makes an electricity reload meter require electricity?), but other than that small hiccup it was a wonderful stay. The Indian Ocean remains as lovely and warm (or warmer?) as it was during our visit in 2024, and our sunset dhow ride was a great way to see the city.
| Staff were sweet and brought cake and lager for Sarah's 21st |
No comments:
Post a Comment