Wednesday, February 4, 2026

"Dogs & cats...


...living together." Isn't that how the Ghostbusters saying goes? The implication in the movie is that the species rarely get along, which we have found to be the case at  2148 Morrow Avenue. But we have noticed a newfound confidence in Mittens. He spends most of the day, we think, in various upstairs rooms, trying out warm spots to sleep. Under the covers on my side of the bed is a current favorite, though he's discovered the heated floors in our bathrooms as well. Apparently Yeager doesn't venture upstairs when the humans aren't home. In the evening, Mittens is more prone to wandering downstairs hopeful for human companionship, something Yeager does not appreciate, being very selfish and protective of the people who feed him 6 cups of Purina Instinct (Lamb & Venison) daily and walk him 1-2 miles on average. This morning when Carey and I came downstairs, Mittens was curled up on the couch in the TV den, where he remained for the entirety of the morning until I left the house at about 8:15. We successfully kept Yeager out of the living room by bribing him with breakfast foods and then once it was time for his morning walk, he didn't care about anything other than the leash. When we returned from the walk, he had his two treats, drank some water, and pawed into the living room (other end of the house from the TV den) to curl up on his dog bed.  I'm heading home shortly for lunch and will let readers know if both pets are alive and unharmed. 

1 comment:

  1. 130pm: Cat is still on couch and dog is unaware. He heard him meow once while I was eating lunch and started to trot over to check things out, but I let him outside to do his business and he forgot about the looming threat.

    ReplyDelete