Friday, July 11, 2025

Trivia Night

We were thisclose to winning our first ever round of trivia at our local pub Wednesday night. Our friends the Corbins joined us for five rounds with the theme of "Sweet," although that turned out to barely be applicable. There was one category that asked you to identify candy brand logos (minus the wordmarks), but otherwise I'm not sure the trivia master actually understood her own assignment.

Anyway, we got tripped up in the final round, which was eight either-or questions. Here's a sample. Which has a higher population?

  • Florida or New York?
  • India or China?
  • Bangladesh or Nigeria?
  • Ohio or Michigan?

We got a couple of the above correct, but lost by 1 point, so needed to get them all right. Please, play along below, and put your damn phones away.

Here is a photo of Lincoln seeming to choke himself before the trivia started. He tagged along for the dinner portion of the evening and then met up with friends. 



4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I'll go with Florida, India, Nigeria, and Ohio - Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do the opposite of Greta's picks to add some intrigue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew -- I know you cousins don't know each other very well, but we have a saying in these parts: ATG. Always Trust Greta. Had she been at our table, we would be CHAMPIONS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you thank you. I'd like to credit my current summer book on Africa's demography and my distrust of Lake Michigan (it's just too big) :) - greta

    ReplyDelete