24 days after tossing his mortarboard in the air, Lincoln celebrated graduating from high school with family and friends. Both came from far and wide, and we thank them all for honoring our son. I think Carey said the final count was 45 people. I grilled up frozen burgers from Walmart and Grandma Vickie supplied Hoffman red and white hots. Add in various salads, chips, and desserts, and we were not wanting for food. Most of Linc's friends stuck around from 3pm until about 11pm, playing various games, listening to music, and watching their phones in that strange, communal way that Generation Z has perfected. Now the countdown begins -- 27 days until we drive him to American University!









You've really got the youth pegged down. Is it actually pants weather up there?
ReplyDeleteAnother strange thing about the youth, or at least these male youths! It's either jeans or jorts. Both are too hot for the season, if you ask me. But I'm 53, and nobody asks anymore.
ReplyDelete