Thursday, March 23, 2023

Move over, Thorin Oakenshield!

I'm in Syracuse for a couple days as the executive board of the union I work for -- PEF -- plots its future. Last night we walked across the street to a place I noticed during a jog earlier in the day with the word "AXE" on its windows. Turned out it was one of those "Far Shot" chains that rents axes, knives and bows by the hour. Not a very fancy place.  Basically just six bullseyes made of thick wood nailed to the wall and a cooler filled with alcohol spritzers, soda and various IPAs. One woman working there and we were her only customers. But there were about 12 of us and the cost was $30/hour for each of us, so she more than earned her hourly wage last night!  Anyway, naturally, yes, I was very good at it.  Here's animated proof.  Not very good with the bow, but didn't try that as much. They only had two of those and they were popular. Knives and axes, though? Bring it.



No comments:

Post a Comment